7.25.2014

Looks That Kill...


kneel down ya sinners, to streetwise religion...


and yet another tribute to one of the most kick ass metal bands I have ever seen and heard...
motley crue! Grew up with their music and have lived by it and will probably die by it~ as I carry my crucifix under my death wish! For the final farewell show about to be seen this weekend, the future performances left in the tour and to the ones we've missed...from girls, girls, girls to 10 seconds to love...too young to fall in love to shout at the devil...primal scream to live wire...if I die tomorrow to wild side...these guys and their music, although calling it quits for good in terms of the band, will always have a special place in my heart like home sweet home! The music inspires me, drives me and gets me amped whenever I hear it and thus propels my cooking in a very positive, electric way. And thus it is so written that these dishes are in part derived from the energy in my head and in my soul. Here's some Dr. Feelgood for you to kickstart your heart...
 
 
revision of duck tongue dish...
sous vide egg, glazed asparagus, sautéed duck tongues, summer truffles
chervil, pea blossoms, grated toasted walnuts, truffle broth
 
pan roasted local albacore tuna, dungeness crab, shelling peas
heirloom sungold tomatoes, grapefruit, nasturtium leaves & emulsion
meyer lemon olive oil

tuscan inspired mezzo...
shaved sous vide fennel, peppered local raspberries, salty parmesan chips
frozen olive oil emulsion with fennel pollen, toasted pine nut-saba soda

roasted muscovy duck breast, carrot-mascarpone ravioli
honshimejii mushrooms, blueberry braised baby turnips, maple-bourbon gel
cardamom-coriander-juniper foam

syrah braised veal cheeks, grilled farmer zucchini, garlic scapes
marcona almonds, smoked cous cous, morel-mustard sauce

valrhona manjari chocolate-praline silk, coffee cremeux, dove bar
cherries, plums, cherry pearls, smoked wood ice cream
local fig-frangipane tart, fig tartare, fennel gelato, caramel
apricot profiterole, mascarpone sorbet, truffled apricot conserve, muscovado
lemon posset, tayberries, strawberry-mint sorbet
spruce tip milkshake


public enemy #1...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home